He began his coaching career in the Atlanta area in 1991. He is a USPTA certified instructor with a rating of Professional 1 for the past 21 years. Stephen currently focuses on the overall development of highly competitive players that are looking to maximize their potential and become successful tennis players.
Coach Diaz is also a USTA High Performance certified coach since 2003 and a USPTA specialist in competitive player development. With over 28 years of coaching experience with advance players, Stephen’s coaching skills, wealth of knowledge as a player and coach has helped many juniors become some of the best players in the nation. Coach Diaz has been selected by the Georgia Tennis Association to be the coach for the Georgia junior Southern Cup champion team from 2007 to 2017. He is currently coaching top Southern/US players and 2015 Orange Bowl champions McCartney Kessler & Emma Kurtz among other top juniors and spent many years coahcing top players since their early stages of their development. Among them, Coach Diaz has developed the likes of:
- McClain Kessler (Florida Gators 2015) Boys 18 & under top 15 USA in 2014 Southern # 1
- Elliott Orkin (Florida Gators) Boys 18 & under top 10 USA in 2012 Southern # 1
- Hunter Reese (Tennessee Volunteers) Boys 18 & under top 10 USA in 2011 Southern # 1 (2014 NCAA's doubles champion)
- Emma Kurtz (Vanderbilt Commodores) Girls 18 & under top 5 USA in 2016 & Southern # 1
- McCartney Kessler (Florida Gators) Girls 18 & under top 10 USA in 2017 & Southern # 1
- Megen Cochran (South Carolina) Girls 18 & under Southern # 2 in 2014
- Sophia Kurtz (Tulane) Girls 18's top 5 Southern in 2015
- Michael Kay (Georgia Tech) Boys 18 & under top 40 USA in 2014 Southern # 3
- Daniel Yun (Georgia Tech) Boys 18 & under Southern top 15
- Austin Bates (Florida Gulf Coast) Boys 18 & under Southern top 30 in 2014
- Ryan Smith (Georgia Tech) Boys 16 & under top 10 in US and Southern top 5
- Jennifer Meredith (Tennessee) Girls 18 & under top 20 in US and Southern top 5
- Jaime Cox (Penn State) Boys 18 & under top 80 in US and Southern top 10
- John Watts (Washington U.) Boys 18 & under top 100 in US and Southern top 5
- Lauren Meier (Kentucky) Girls 18 & under top 50 in US
- Zachary Dunkle (Sanford) Boys 18 & under top 10 in Southern
- Carl Abalos (Sanford) Boys 18 & under top 10 in Southern
As a player, Stephen spent his junior career in Puerto Rico where he was a top player. He went on to play #1 singles & doubles for NAIA powerhouse Auburn Montgomery, were he became "singles and doubles All-American" and reached a top 4 national singles ranking in 1989. After college, Stephen went on to play competitively in Europe and also became a member of the Puerto Rico Davis Cup in 1993-94 & 2000. In 1992 he was became Puerto Rico National Professional Singles Champion and honored as Puerto Rico Tennis Federation "Player of the year" and P.R. Olympic Committee "Athlete of the year". Now in his 40's, Stephen still competes randomly in Atlanta Pro & AA-1 ALTA leagues. Stephen has been married to his wife Wendy for 15 years and is the father of three rookies, Dominic, Derek & Isabelle.
He has been a USPTA-certified instructor with a rating of Professional 1 for 8 years, and also certified by the American Sport Education Program. Jason has also been a USTA High Performance certified coach for 5 years. Jason's long time working experience at SDTA has helped many juniors develop the proper fundamentals and has been an important part of the development of many juniors over his career at SDTA.
As a player he competed in prize money tournaments in the men’s open division in the Northeast. Peter is married to Jenny and has two kids both of whom are excellent tennis players and are currently playing division 1 college tennis at University of South Alabama. He is excited and honored to be part of a great and well recognized program in the southeast at SDTA.